TUN3R makes exploring Internet radio as much fun as listening to the stations themselves. The TUN3R iPhone app brings TUN3R's award winning visual "Dial" and SingleStream technology to the iPhone for the first time, plus many new features.
The web version of TUN3R has been favourably covered by:
* TechCrunch: "definitely something cool with the layout and idea"
* Warren Ellis: "new favourite webtoy"
* USA Today (Pop Candy/Whitney Matheson): "cool concept"
* UX Magazine: "there is something immediately engaging about the user interface"
* AppScout: "it's a lot of fun"
* Killer Startups: "What's different about TUN3R is their radio dial"
* Le Monde, France "la manière des radios d'antan" (like the radio of yester-year)
* WDR, Germany
* Canada AM, CTV
The TUN3R iPhone app displays over 2, 000 hand-picked stations representing the crème-de-la-creme of Internet and AM/FM radio. TUN3R's Dial offers a visual feast of the world's best music, news, talk, and comedy DJs. TUN3R is designed for you the listener and does NOT accept paid station placements.
TUN3R includes many features not found in any other Internet radio apps, including:
* Real time audio browsing across an enormous visual "Dial".
- Recapture the feeling of scanning an old fashioned analog radio of yester-year
- Stations are organized in a fluid genre continuum so exploration feels natural and intuitive (no need to backtrack through menus and folders)
* Optimized for 3G connections. All streams are the highest quality possible
* Not sure where to begin? Find stations using TUN3R's "Might Likes TM" feature, which suggests stations based on the last 10 artists you have listened to in your iPod library.
- Or search by artist or song against station's playlist history
- Alternatively search the contents of station homepages
* See what artists and songs each station plays
- You can also see other station details, such as the station homepage thumbnail, and native language
* Graphical bookmarks for quickly flipping through your favourite stations while on-the-go
TUN3R also includes features you have come to expect from the best Internet radio iPhone applications:
* Choose between streaming within the TUN3R app, or through Safari. Streaming through Safari allows you to listen to Internet radio while running other apps (including using Internet radio as the soundtrack for games that support iPod mode [e.g. Centipede])
* Graphical lists showing:
- Most Popular stations to date
- Recently added stations
- Recently viewed stations
- Random Spotlights
* Homepage thumbnail and web links to each station's web site, embedded in the player.